The list below includes links to treatment and prevention guidelines on HIV and AIDS from the NIH and CDC. It also includes links to a database of FDA-approved medications for HIV/AIDS and international programs and resources health professionals may find of interest.
Federally approved guidelines and information about the current treatment regimens for HIV infection and AIDS-related illnesses for adults, adolescents, children, and infants available through AIDSinfo.
- Guidelines for the Use of Antiretroviral Agents in Adults and Adolescents Living with HIV
- Guidelines for the Prevention and Treatment of Opportunistic Infections in HIV-Infected Adults and Adolescents
- Recommendations for the Use of Antiretroviral Drugs in Pregnant Women with HIV Infection and Interventions to Reduce Perinatal HIV Transmission in the United States
- Guidelines for the Use of Antiretroviral Agents in Pediatric HIV Infection
- Guidelines for the Prevention and Treatment of Opportunistic Infections in HIV-Exposed and HIV-Infected Children
- Guidance for Non-HIV-Specialized Providers Caring for Persons with HIV Displaced by Disasters
Guidelines on HIV prevention and care with significant national and international impact on public health care practice available through the CDC.
Use this database to find information on FDA-approved HIV/AIDS and opportunistic infection drugs and investigational HIV/AIDS drugs.
International Programs and Resources
This page last reviewed on July 19, 2019