Meet the Director
Maureen M. Goodenow, Ph.D.
Associate Director for AIDS Research and
Director, Office of AIDS Research
National Institutes of Health
Welcome to OAR
The Office of AIDS Research (OAR) coordinates HIV/AIDS research across the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The NIH provides the largest public investment in HIV/AIDS research globally.
As HIV crosses nearly every area of medicine and scientific investigation, the response to the HIV pandemic requires a multi-Institute, multidisciplinary, global research program. OAR provides scientific coordination and management of this research program.
Meetings & Announcements
- National Institutes of Health Office of AIDS Research HIV Stakeholder Outreach and Engagement Report: June 2018 – February 2020
- NIH Statement on World AIDS Day 2020: By Anthony S. Fauci, M.D. & Maureen M. Goodenow, Ph.D.
- December 1, 2020 is the World AIDS Day 2020 event – Science and Community: Working Together to Prepare for the Unexpected
- Open Session: HIV-related Intersectional Stigma Research Advances & Opportunities
- FY 2021 Professional Judgment Budget
- NIH OAR AIDS 2020 Satellite Session
- FY 2020 Professional Judgment Budget
- FY 2021 Congressional Budget Justification
- FY 2021-2025 NIH Strategic Plan for HIV and HIV-Related Research
- World AIDS Day 2019 Video
This page last reviewed on December 30, 2020