Meet the Director
Maureen M. Goodenow, Ph.D.
Associate Director for AIDS Research and
Director, Office of AIDS Research
National Institutes of Health
Welcome to OAR
The Office of AIDS Research (OAR) coordinates HIV/AIDS research across the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The NIH provides the largest public investment in HIV/AIDS research globally.
As HIV crosses nearly every area of medicine and scientific investigation, the response to the HIV pandemic requires a multi-Institute, multidisciplinary, global research program. OAR provides scientific coordination and management of this research program.
Meetings & Announcements
- FY 2022 Congressional Budget Justification
- NIH Recognizes the First Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report Related to AIDS
- Funding Opportunity Announcement PAR-20-224 (supporting early stage investigators): Avenir Award Program for Research on Substance Use Disorders and HIV/AIDS (DP2 Clinical Trial Optional)
- Funding Opportunity Announcement PAR-21-238 ‒ Limited Competition: Development and Renovation of Research Space for HIV/AIDS Research at Institutions Serving Underrepresented Populations or Located in Institutional Development Award (IDeA)-eligible States (C06 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- NIH Webinar Series: Moving from Hepatitis Discovery to Elimination
- OAR announces its participation in the 2021 DEBUT Challenge
- Maureen M. Goodenow, Ph.D., joined the HIV in Rural America webinar to discuss The Lancet’s Special Issue on HIV in the United States.
- National Institutes of Health Office of AIDS Research HIV Stakeholder Outreach and Engagement Report: June 2018 – February 2020
- FY 2021 Professional Judgment Budget
- FY 2021-2025 NIH Strategic Plan for HIV and HIV-Related Research
This page last reviewed on June 22, 2021